5 facts about developing excellence in your team:
1. Players must be selfless. They must care more about their teammates than themselves. This is not easy in the sport of baseball. On the field, it will come down to which teams are playing for each other not just with each other.
2. Every player must pay the price. Most people have never experienced the level of excellence you are trying to reach. In fact, most people are able to coast to where their talents have taken them. Everyone on this team must sacrifice and pay the price to get to where they want to be.
3. You must constantly act differently than you feel. You will not stop working, stop striving for more, or stop grinding even when you think you have reached your potential. Great teams always believe they are second trying to get to number one.
4. Train harder and smarter. Training like a champion takes serious dedication and commitment. The farther along you go, the more you will have to do to make small improvements.
5. Getting better never ends. No one can force you to have the will to succeed. This comes from passion, and every player on the team must decide that this is worth his time.