1. Challenge-skills balance is achieved when you have confidence that your skills can meet the challenge in front of you.
2. Action-awareness merging is the state of being completely absorbed in an activity, with tunnel vision that shuts out everything else.
3. Clear goals come into focus when you know exactly what is required of you and what you want to accomplish.
4. Unambiguous feedback is constant, real-time feedback that allows you to adjust your tactics. For example, fans and coaches will let you know how you're doing.
5. Concentration on the task at hand, with laser-beam focus, is essential.
6. Sense of control is heightened when you feel that your actions can affect the outcome of the game.
7. Loss of self-consciousness occurs when you are not constantly self-aware of your success.
8. Transformation of time takes place when you lose track of time due to your total focus on the moment.
9. Autotelic experience is achieved when you feel internally driven to succeed even without outside rewards. You do something because you love to do it.