When you become obsessed with something, it becomes a part of you. It changes your actions and your thought process. We live in a world where only 20 percent of people actually follow their dreams. So what is the other 80 percent doing? Take a look at what people have become obsessed with in our culture. I have been told numerous times by youth that their favorite thing to do is play video games. People aren’t willing to put down their phones, tablets, or computers. Obsessions with a TV show, social media, things: that is what our culture has become.
Did playing video games help you better yourself? Think about your choices. Some people watch TV more hours per week than it would take to work a part time job. Learn to balance your life. Prioritize family, goals, and aspirations. I challenge you to become obsessed with success and the daily actions that are required to achieve this. The idea of success sounds idealistic to a lot of people and athletes. But it comes from a lot of hard work and determination. Whatever it is you decide to go after, go after it for the right reasons and with all your heart!